Health and Safety Coordinator
Candoo Oilfield is a privately owned company based in Fort St John BC. We specialize in oil and gas construction and maintenance.
We are currently accepting applications for a Health and Safety Coordinator. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will review, evaluate, and analyze work environments to ensure that programs and procedures are in place to control, eliminate, and prevent accidents, disease, or injury caused by physical or environmental factors. The successful candidate will conduct site inspections, assist management, and ensure adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals. This position supports project leadership teams to ensure incident and accident prevention, investigation and analysis, conducting audit compliance to work standards.
The Health and Safety Coordinator will be based in Fort St John.
Essential Job Functions:
- Meets with owner’s representatives to ensure that the Company’s HS&E site policies, training, and recordkeeping meets or exceeds the owner’s requirements.
- Ensures site compliance and training to required procedures; documents all accidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Conduct safety training and education programs, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations, and develop materials for these presentations.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, and first-aid supplies.
- With the rest of the project team, investigate accidents to identify causes and to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers’ health and safety in the event of imminent danger, otherwise provide advice operating supervision for correction.
- Prepare and implement project specific Health, Safety and Environment plans.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of direct safety and leadership experience in oil and gas construction, or an equivalent combination of education, accreditation (NCSO), and relevant experience.
- Practical experience working in heavy civil environments as an HSE Advisor.
- Practical experience working in a live plant site environment as an HSE Advisor.
You may submit your resume directly to email@example.com, or via the Contact Us page (be sure to attach resume). Phone calls will not be accepted. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.